Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Cookie Sheet Grease Cutter

Often after baking when we've to slog to clean the baking sheet/ baking pan, then you feel that it is not worth taking the trouble to bake. Today, I read 2 simple solutions to solve this problem, Wanted to share with all, so you enjoy your baking with an easy way to clean.

The first idea we are sharing is Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide from One Good Thing By Jillee. Apparently, all you need is a combination of the two in equal portions.

image.png

After sprinkling the spot with baking soda; spraying with hydrogen peroxide; then another layer of baking soda… I left it sitting there like that while we went to breakfast. When we got home I rubbed a little of the cleaner off and was actually quite astonished to see MOST of the gunk came right off! Minimal rubbing with my fingers (you could use a scrubbie too) was required.

This, of course, meant I HAD to try it on the rest of the pan. But hey….if all it involved was sprinkling on some baking soda, adding some hydrogen peroxide, and sprinkling on a little MORE baking soda….and waiting….I could do that. Besides, since we had plans to go out to dinner, it would have plenty of time to “work.”

And WORK, it did!  About 2 hours later I checked on the experiment…(I couldn’t wait any longer!) I wiped/rubbed away one corner of the cleaning concoction…and felt almost giddy with excitement! (There is obviously something SERIOUSLY wrong with me! lol) Just look at how all the grime and gunk is absorbed by the miracle cleaner! Cool huh?

Miracle Cleaner

Remember folks….there was no heavy scrubbing involved! The dynamic duo did all the “work”….while all *I* had to do was TRY to be patient! A fairly daunting task for YOURS TRULY. But when faced with a choice between BEING PATIENT and SCRUBBING….I’ll take the former. :-)

Cookie Tray Fabric Softener Sheets

put fabric softener to cover the cookie sheet, pour some hot water, let it rest for 30 minutes or more, when you shake, you can see all the grime has come out, clean as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment