Friday, March 31, 2017

Jackfruit-seed lentil balls ( Microwave)


INGREDIENTS
seeds of jack-fruit 16-18
arhar dal 1/2 cup
chana dal 1/2 cup
molasses 3/4 cup or to taste
ghee/ clarified butter 1 tbsp
cardamom pdr. 1/2 tsp
nuts and raisins optional

METHOD
Since we ate some jackfruit, I had the seeds, with which earlier I had made a halwa with moong dal. But this time for variation, I used arhar and chana dal which were pressure cooked till soft. I also pressure cooked the jackfruit seeds with the outer skin. Once they're well cooked, I removed the outer skin, but the brown skin, I didn't peel, as it is good fibre.Then I chopped the seeds, ground them fine in mixie along with some water of the cooked dal. Then I added the dal and made a fine paste of it all. Put the mashed ingredients in a micro-safe dish, added molasses, mixed well, cooked in microwave in high power for about 25 minutes covered or so, cooking for 5 minutes, removing, stirring and keeping again for 5 minutes. Only in the last 2-3 minutes, when I added ghee, cardamom pdr., nuts and raisins, I didn't cover it, as by then it had become almost thick. I let it rest for another 2 minutes in the microwave, kept it out after stirring well for another 2 minutes, then rolled them into small balls, or else, you can spread on a greased plate and cut into desired shape.

Note- 1) you may moong dal instead of arhar and chana dal, or you may use the combo of all these dals.
2) You can use sugar instead of molasses, or brown sugar or gur, or even sugar free.
3) nuts and raisins are also optional.
4) This can be cooked in a heavy/ non-stick pan over gas, but then you'll have to keep stirring continuously till it gets thick. Use ghee last when it gets thick, but while cooking over gas, you may need a little more ghee.

those interested in cancer and health related topics are free to see my blog-

http://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com/
 for crochet designs, my blog, those who like a particular design are free to mail me

http://My Crochet  Creations.blogspot.com

For info. about knee replacement, be free to view my blog-

http://knee replacement-stickclub.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment