Friday, February 8, 2013

Molasses- Ginger cookies

photo.JPG

Ingredients

egg  1
molasses  4 tbsp
sugar   50 gm
butter melted 75 gm
baking soda  1/4 tsp
cinnamon pdr  1/2 tsp
ginger pdr.  3/4 tsp
whole meal flour/ atta/ wheat flour   150 gm

Method

mix the first 4 ingredients well, esp. after adding egg, beat well.
mix all the dry ingredients well
add slowly dry ingredients to the wet one.
let it rest for 30 minutes.
bake in pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes at 180 deg. C or gas 320 deg. F
once done, remove to cool.
while baking,  I took small balls of the dough, flattened with my hands & kept them at least 2" apart as they swell while baking.

sadly as I didn't have anything to measure, I just took all the ing. according to what I felt would the right proportion, by God's grace, it came out fine. I think it came just around 20 cookies & were finished almost in a jiffy, as my daughter-in-law, who had given me the test of making it as good as one of her friends, said it was as good, except that mine were slightly crisper than her friend's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment